So, now that you know what kind of camera you need, the next step is finding a good deal on it. For your buying and viewing pleasure, here are five of the top digital SLR cameras with the cheapest or most affordable prices:
Canon Rebel XS-Price: $478.00
- While this may seem expensive for a camera, this is one of the cheapest and most efficient cameras on the market right now. It has 10.1 megapixels, a large 2.5 inch LCD display, DIGIC III image processor, an EOS integrated cleaning system, and stores images on SD/SDHC memory cards. Well worth the price.
Nikon D40-Price: $409.00
- This camera is a favorite among photographers. It is easy to use and very reliable. It has a slightly smaller mega pixel size then the Rebel, only 6.1, but has the same size LCD display screen, has fast start up and instant shutter response and is ideal for 14X19-inch prints.
Canon Powershot SX10IS-Price: $320.00
- The Powershot combines the large mega pixel size, 10.0, with the 2.5 inch screen and an irresistible price. It has 20X optical zoom, a wide-angle lens and optimal image stabilizer. Easy to use, lightweight, and affordable, this camera is a good buy for photographers with the desire and a tight budget.
- This was the first camera I received when I started getting serious about photography. Like the two canon cameras it has 10 mega pixels, as well as 18X wide angle zoom lens, a 2.7 inch LCD screen, HD video capture, full manual operations and advanced screen modes. This is a beginner camera for someone starting out or for a photographer that is just having fun.
Olympus SP-565UZ-Price: $290.00
- Just because this is the cheapest camera, doesn't necessarily mean that it is the worst in quality. Like a few of the others, it has 10 mega pixels, image sensor, 20X optical image-stabilized zoom, high speed shooting, face detection and shadow adjustment technology. This camera proves that price does not define quality.
*All prices and information about these cameras was found on Amazon.com. This is also the site that I recommend to buy the less expensive cameras.