- George Eastman named his company Kodak after the sound he thought the camera shutter made.
- George Eastman also pioneered the first photographic film.
- The earliest surviving photograph took eight hours to expose.
- The first color photo was taken in 1861.
- The first permanent photograph was made in 1826, using a wooden box and chalk.
- The word "photography" comes from the words for Greek "light" and "stylus", "paintbrush" or "representation by means of lines" or "drawing", together meaning "drawing with light."
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Phunky Phacts about Photography
Posted by Jaimie at 8:31 PM